Giant Chinchilla Sweepstakes
Hover over Sweepstakes Standings in the menu at the left to view the past years sweepstakes winners
Giant Chinchilla Sweepstakes Rules
1. All exhibitors are expected to follow the show rules of the American Rabbit Breeders Association, Inc. (ARBA).
2. To qualify for sweepstakes points, exhibitor must be a member of the Giant Chinchilla Rabbit Association at the time of the show, or must join during the show before judging.
3. All open class exhibitors' personal name(s) must be listed on the entry form for all ARBA shows.
4. All youth exhibitors' name(s) must be listed on the entry form for all ARBA Youth shows. Entries will not be accepted in family names. If the rabbit is owned in conjunction with another youth, the names of ALL owners must be listed.
5. Youth may show in either Youth or Open. Sweepstakes points will be combined for youth from both open and youth shows.
6. Open and Youth Sweepstakes points to be determined as follows:
o six (6) points for first place, times the number in the class
o four (4) points for second place, times the number in the class
o three (3) points for third place, times the number in the class
o two (2) points for fourth place, times the number in the class
o one (1) point for fifth place, times the number in the class
7. Best of Breed: number of Giant Chinchillas entered is added. Example 10 Giant Chinchillas entered, exhibitor gets an additional 10 points.
8. Best Opposite of Breed: number of Giant Chinchillas of opposite sex is added. Example Doe wins breed and there are 7 bucks entered, exhibitor gets an additional 7 points.
9. Any Giant Chinchilla winning Best of Show at an All Breed Show where the Giant Chinchillas have been sanctioned is awarded points based on the number of animals entered in the show. Example: 100 rabbits entered, exhibitor is awarded 100 points.
Points are doubled for showing in Open and Youth regular class sweepstakes at the Spring National Giant Chinchilla Show and the ARBA National Convention Show.
10. In order to receive special awards provided by the Giant Chinchilla Rabbit Association at the Spring National or the ARBA Convention, exhibitor must be a member of the Giant Chinchilla Rabbit Association before the start of judging of the Giant Chinchillas.
1. Exhibitor must have a minimum entry of four Giant Chinchillas.
2. Points are calculated from exhibitor’s placing in the top five of classes.
3. Points from top five places in classes are added together.
4. Exhibitor with highest points is the winner of Best Display.